May 03, 2007

Instant Plant: Just Add Water

I'm not a plant person. Sure, I appreciate plants. I like plants of all sorts, I'm just not that dedicated to them. I can plant, water and fertilize just fine but I'm an impatient person (when it comes to plants) so I expect them to grow in a 24 hour span. I know, poor plant.

During highschool, we had gardening. It was part of our science classes. I absolutely dreaded gardening. It pained me since I knew that A LOT of plants would die under my watch (or lack thereof). That is sort of pathetic of me since my family has a farm and I grew up planting with my siblings and my dad. Thankfully, I passed my Science classes and highschool. I think my teachers pitied me or something. LOL. But thinking of the poor, defenseless plants that died due to my stupidity and impatience bothers me. *guilty conscience* I wouldn't want to tell my dad about that since I know he would be mortified to say the least.

This piece was written since I bought orange daisies today. I like daisies and the color orange. That aside, I bought a plant, didn't I? And I absolutely do not want this plant to die just because of my impatience. I really need to remind myself that plants are living things too and therefore have needs like I do. Plants DO NOT grow in a 24 hour span but it takes them days, weeks, months, and years unless they die, of course. I really need to be (MORE) patient when it comes to plants. My lolo would turn in his grave if I let this plant die. *faints*Picture_31

Please plant, don't die on me.

No comments: