August 31, 2007

You are a Winner

You're heartbroken and it hurts. I don't feel your pain but I cry with you. You don't shed your tears because you have your pride, but I know you cry when you're hidden by the doors. We all know they lie because even boys cry.

You're disappointed and it hurts. You've been expecting a lot your whole life but right now it feels like it doesn't matter anymore. Cynicism can be your new best friend. Life sucks. It's giving you lemons and it's turning everything sour. I know it doesn't make sense but life seldom does.

You're hurting right now, but you're angry too. Your life's not turning out the way you planned it to. But you shouldn't give up, not after all the problems you've been through. You're stronger than this, I know you are; I believe you are. Because in my eyes, I see that you are a winner.

You are a winner, it's certifiably broadcasted by your name: Always victorious. And I know that you've conquered a lot of things, won a lot of battles, internal ones and those everyday ones. I believe in you; that despite all the drama you're facing right now, you'll end up getting a standing ovation. I know this because you are my brother.

You, always victorious brother of mine, will get through this. Whatever 'this' you are going through at the moment. I believe this despite the fact that you seldom act your age and that you think Spongebob Squarepants is a wonderful form of entertainment. Whatever. You are still a winner, even if right now you refuse to be one. You are a winner. Why? Because I say so. Because you are.

No comments: